Definition: 'Return' is defined as the action of taking back all of the item(s) which make up the order (“Returned Order”), placed by the Buyer on the Website, by the Seller. Return may result in refund of money in most of the cases.
Products may be returned at the time of delivery in the following cases:
- In the event the original prescription does not match the scanned prescription (where prescription drugs are part of the order), the Chemist Representative will refuse to deliver the entire order;
- In the event the product received by you is damaged, you should refuse to accept the damaged products and these will be brought back by the Chemist Representative;
- In the event the packaging has been tampered with, you should refuse to accept the delivery; and/or
- If an incorrect order has been delivered which is not consistent with the order placed by you on the Website, you should refuse to accept the delivery.
It is clarified that on the occurrence of the above mentioned events, any payment for the Returned Order shall be refunded to you. In the event the Returned Order is prepaid, a refund would be generated to the same channel from where the money was received at the time of order placement.
It is further clarified that all the other item(s) in an invoice, if any, which constitute such Returned Order, shall also be compulsorily required to be returned back to the Seller.
Products may be returned post delivery in the following cases:
- If an expired product has been delivered, request for returning the products has to be initiated within a period of twenty-four (24) hours from the time of acceptance of delivery; and/or
- In the event that there is malfunctioning of delivered medical devices, the request for return has to be initiated within seven (7) days of the date of acceptance of delivery. The malfunctioning of the medical device is the sole reason which may constitute return of the order.
The following points need to be kept in mind before initiating any request for return:
- Medicine strips which have been opened by the Buyer or do not any longer bear the expiry date or price of the medicine shall not be returned. The bar code on the medicine should Not be tampered with under any circumstance.
- The User should be in possession of the unique serial number sticker that was issued to the User by the Chemist Representative at the time of delivery.
- Batch number of the product being returned should match as mentioned on the invoice
- Any wrong ordering of product doesn’t qualify for Return Return requests arising due to change in prescription do not qualify for Return
- Return courier charges is applicable which is vary from order to order.
Category of Non-Returnable Product
Certain categories of products will not qualify for return as per Mediifast Return policy. These include:
||Baby Bottles, Sippers, Teethers, Soothers, Bottle Nipples, Breast Nipple Care, Breast Pumps, Diapers, Nappy, Wipes and others
||Health Drinks and Supplements
||Condoms, Fertility Kit/Supplement, Lubricants, Pregnancy Kits, Hygiene wash and others
||Glucometer Lancet/Strip, Healthcare Devices and Kits, Surgical, Health Monitors
|Temperature Controlled & Speciality Medicines
||Vials, Injections, Vaccines, Penfills and any other product requiring cold storage, or medicines that fall under the category of specialty medicines
- For initiation of return of Your Order or a part thereof , please visit the Website or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 7303088040 (Open 10 AM - 10 PM from Monday - Sunday).
- The customer care team will verify the claim made by the User within 72 (seventy-two) business hours from the time of receipt of complaint.
- Once the claim is verified as genuine and reasonable, Mediifast will initiate the collection of Pharmaceutical Good(s) to be returned.
- The User will be required to pack the Pharmaceutical Good(s) in original manufacturer’s packaging as had been delivered.
- Refund will be completed within the timeline as provided in Clause 3 of this Policy.
A. Refunds for all eligible returns are issued through the payment method used at the time of purchase, except for cash on delivery.
The time frame for different payment modes is given below:
|Mode of Payment
||Mode of Refund
|Credit cards / Debit Cards
||Credit cards/debit Cards
||5-7 business days*
||Net Banking Account (Credited to Bank)
||5-7 business days*
|Cash on Delivery
||NEFT to Bank Account
||3-5 business days*
||3-5 business days*
*Refund timelines depend on bank turnaround times and the Reserve Bank of India guidelines. This may change from time to time. Business days shall mean the working days on which Mediifast corporate office operates.
B. For cash on delivery Orders: For Orders placed using cash on delivery as the payment method, refunds can be processed to Your bank account via National Electronic Funds Transfer (“NEFT”). You will need to update following information to enable us to process a refund to your account.
- Bank account number
- IFSC Code
- Account holder's name
- Bank branch
- Bank name
C. Refunds cannot be processed to third-party accounts. The name on Your Account should match with the name of the bank account holder. If You have paid the bills using a third party account, refunds will be made to the same account. NEFT refunds will typically be initiated in 3 business days from our end and will be credited to Your Account in another 2-3 business days. Mediifast will not be liable for any delay caused in refunds due to delay by third party affiliates (including banks), in providing information by the User, technical issues and other reasons beyond its control.
- Estimated shipping charges are calculated as per the value of the Order and can be viewed in the cart section at the time of checkout. For any further shipping related information, please write to email@example.com.
- For any further refund related information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
User Cancellation Policy:
The User can cancel the Order for the Pharmaceutical Goods till Mediifast ships it. Orders once shipped cannot be cancelled.
- There may be certain Orders that Mediifast partners are unable to accept and service and these may need to be cancelled. Some situations that may result in Your Order being cancelled include, non-availability of the Pharmaceutical Good(s) or quantities ordered by You or inaccuracies or errors in pricing information.
- Mediifast also reserves the right to cancel any Orders that classify as ‘Bulk Order’ as determined by Mediifast as per certain criteria. An Order can be classified as ‘Bulk Order’ if it meets with the below mentioned criteria, which may not be exhaustive, viz:
- Pharmaceutical Good(s) ordered are not for self-consumption but for commercial resale;
- Multiple Orders placed for same Pharmaceutical Good(s) at the same address;
- Bulk quantity of the same Pharmaceutical Good(s) ordered;
- Invalid address given in Order details; and
- Any malpractice used to place the Order.
- No cancellation charges shall be levied for cancellation of an Order in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- In the aforesaid unlikely situations, if there is something wrong with the Order, Mediifast will be happy to assist and resolve Your concern. You may raise a Return request with our customer care within 7 days from the delivery of the Order. Mediifast reserves the right to cancel the return request, if the User reaches out to Mediifast after 7 days of delivery.
- Upon receiving Your return/refund request, Mediifast shall verify the authenticity and the nature of the request. If Mediifast finds that the request is genuine, it will initiate the Return and Refund process. Mediifast shall process the refund only once it has received the confirmation, in respect of the contents of the Order relating to that refund.
- In the event of frivolous and unjustified complaints regarding the quality and content of the Pharmaceutical Good(s), Mediifast reserves the right to pursue necessary legal actions against You and You will be solely liable for all costs incurred by Mediifast in this regard.